Don’t make costly mistakes when selling or trading in used equipment
Gym owners looking to upgrade or close their gym, need to make as much profit from selling their used gym equipment as possible. Here are our top tips:
- Find out how much your used gym equipment is really worth. Not as individual items, but as a full gym package. When you sell used gym equipment off individually you may see higher values per piece, but in the long run, it can be a timely process with lots of liability issues.
- How much is YOUR time worth? Selling second hand commercial gym equipment piece by piece is both time consuming and hard work. It may look like you will make more for the high value items but it comes with a price. You will get more buyers and more money for your full gym package.
- Don’t end up getting sued in a costly legal battle! It is a big risk letting consumers and multiple uninsured people take heavy commercial equipment from your club. If someone gets hurt, even at home, they will hold you legally liable for any damages. My advice is to use a company like webuygymequipment.com, which covers every legal aspect so you don’t have to even think about it.
- Selling off your best pieces, leaving the less attractive ones, will compromise the integrity of the package and affect its overall value. Selling it all in one package will guarantee a better price overall and save you time.
- Don’t spend countless hours calling all the used gym buyers individually. Use a service that will do that for you. The easiest and fastest way to do this is by registering here as a seller seller register. Its quick and easy. Did I mention this service for you as a seller is 100% FREE. You are guaranteed the best price as America’s most trusted buyers bid for your equipment.
- Get paid BEFORE your gym equipment even leaves the building. Guaranteed payment before extraction is worth its weight in gold. Go with a company that can give you peace of mind by paying you up front, no messing around chasing or losing money!
- Take advice from others who have successfully sold their used gym equipment. Check out some of our latest reviews on Trustpilot.
- Spend the time taking great pictures of all the pieces in your gym. The more detail you provide, the better chance you have of getting the highest return when you trade-out used fitness equipment.
- Get it done fast. You do not want to run out of time trying to sell items and waiting for second hand fitness equipment traders. In the worst case scenario, you could end up paying for someone to remove your gym equipment, paying your landlord another month’s rent or even risk your equipment being repossessed.